Dear Clients, Friends, Volunteers, Supporters and Community Partners
Inn From the Cold is changing the way it does business in light of recommendations from York Region Public Health, the Province of Ontario and Government of Canada. Effective immediately we will be restricting entry into the shelter to clients experiencing homelessness and staff only. We have suspended the use of volunteers until further notice. Most of our community partners are stepping away from direct service but are available to our clients via telephone. Please do not deliver donations of clothing to Inn From the Cold until further notice.
Changes in Service:
- All clients and staff who enter the building will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and will be asked to sign-in.
- Staff /Clients with any COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to not enter the building and to not return until cleared by Public Health or their family doctors.
- Staff will be available by phone (Monday-Friday 830-430 pm) to assist any clients who have questions, concerns or are feeling uneasy. Please leave a message with your call back number at 905-895-8889 ext. 221 and we will get back to you as promptly as possible.
- Effective March 25th, 2020, IFTC Drop-in is closed until further notice
- The Friday Community Meal 430pm -530pm and the Newmarket Supper Program Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays 4pm-5pm are take-out only.
- New Drop-by Program is 7 days a week, Mon-Fri 9-4 and Sat & Sun 10-2. Max 2 clients in the building at a time.
- Getting Ahead Program continues please contact Ashley Martin at email@example.com
Please stay tuned to Facebook for further updates as they become available. Stay safe and healthy and please keep in contact with those who need support.
Inn From the Cold