Dear Clients, Friends, Volunteers, Supporters and Community Partners
Inn From the Cold is changing the way it does business in light of recommendations from York Region Public Health, the Province of Ontario and Government of Canada. Effective immediately we will be restricting entry into the shelter to clients experiencing homelessness and staff only. We have suspended the use of volunteers until further notice. Most of our community partners are stepping away from direct service but are available to our clients via telephone. Please do not deliver donations of clothing to Inn From the Cold until further notice.
Changes in Service:
- All clients and staff who enter the building will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and will asked to sign-in.
- Staff with any COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to not enter the building and to not return until cleared by Telehealth or their family doctors.
- Clients with any COVID-19 symptoms will be isolated until transfer to a more suitable site can be facilitated.
- Staff will be available by phone (Monday-Friday 9-5 pm) to assist any clients who have questions, concerns or are feeling uneasy. Please leave a message with your call back number at 905-895-8889 ext. 221 and we will get back to you as promptly as possible.
- Effective March 25th, 2020, IFTC Drop-in is closed until further notice
- The shelter will open Mon, Wed, Thurs. at 3PM and on Tues, Fri., Sat and Sun. at 7PM to returning clients only.
- Until further notice, the Friday Community Meal will be take-out only.
Please stay tuned to Facebook for further updates as they become available. Stay safe and healthy and please keep in contact with those who need support.
Inn From the Cold
Our vision and mission
Mission: Inn From the Cold meets the needs of people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. We work with the community and collaborate with our partners in supporting those with basic to complex needs in York Region.
Vision: Shelter, Dignity, and Safety for everyone in York Region.
Values: Inn from the Cold works with people in a respectful, dignified, non-judgmental manner to provide them a safe and positive environment.
Learn how you can get involved, either by making a donation or donating your time as a volunteer.
We appreciate your ongoing support in helping us make a difference in the lives of our clients.